Want to share your recipe here too?
Here are the rules for 5-Ingredient Mondays:
- The dish must contain 5 ingredients or less. But to make it easier, pantry staples are not counted as ingredients. Neither are optional ingredients.
- Examples: salt, pepper, olive oil, baking soda, baking powder...basically if you think you would find the ingredient in any kitchen, you don't have to count it as one of your 5 ingredients. On the other hand, if it's a staple in your kitchen but not the average American's (i.e. coconut oil), count it. If you're unsure, go ahead and add the link. I'm not a stickler for rules!
- The dish must be gluten-free. Your recipe can be paleo, vegan, or anything in between. Breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert. Side dish or main dish. The purpose here is to create a place where you can come to find recipes that you know will be gluten-free and super simple.
- You must leave a link to your own recipe that goes to that week's 5-Ingredient Monday post, not on this static page.
The linky will be live through noon on Thursday.
I am so excited about Iris’s newest blog carnival – 5-Ingredient Mondays. During busy weekdays, I often manage to get food on the table by relying on simple ingredient lists. I’ll make lamb chops and sweet potato puree as a simple and quick meal, neither of which take much time at all or require many ingredients. The same goes for this super-easy creamy dill sauce. A few ingredients thrown into a blender make a gorgeous addition to any number of foods, and it takes just a few minutes to make.
Here, I’m showing it spooned over a simple pan-seared salmon, but I’ve discovered it’s a wonderful dip for crudités, a perfect salad dressing, and I’d imagine it would be scrumptious as a dressing for chicken or tuna salad as well. You could also use it as a sauce for chicken breasts or any type of seafood. The sky is the limit on this one!
Creamy Meyer Lemon Dill Sauce (gluten-free, dairy-free)
Recipe from Alta Mantsch at Tasty Eats at Home
4 tablespoons mayonnaise (can substitute Veganaise for vegan/egg-free)
4 tablespoons coconut milk
2 tablespoons meyer lemon juice (can substitute regular lemon juice)
4 tablespoons fresh dill, roughly chopped
½ teaspoon garlic powder
A couple pinches of salt
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until creamy. Serve with salmon, fish, chicken, or use as a dip or dressing. Keeps in the refrigerator for about 4-5 days.