First of all, thank you to everyone who commented on my last post! I have some of the most supportive readers...this is the reason I blog. Just to be a part of this fabulous community! Every one of your comments put a smile on my face!
As you all know (have I mentioned it enough yet?), I'm in the middle of finals. Actually, it's really just the beginning. But I'm counting down the days. Eleven to go and then I get a whole week off before my summer classes start! I'll have more time on my hands this summer, so I'm looking forward to a few months of baking, cooking, blogging, working out (I can't wait to get back into shape!) and studying (of course). Today, I'm going to tell you all about the May edition of Adopt A Gluten Free Blogger, but I also want to tell you what's coming up at The Daily Dietribe. I imagine I'll be pretty silent for the next eleven days, but here are some things you can expect after that: my Adopt A Gluten Free Blogger post (read on to see who I'm adopting this month), a review of gluten free products and a giveaway, my guest blog at The W.H.O.L.E Gang's, 30 Days to a Food Revolution (has anyone else noticed that Jamie Oliver's been retweeting our posts!?), and a post on what I've learned about losing weight and keeping it off after three years as a weight-loss counselor. In addition, I have some big changes coming up, and I'm excited to be able to fill you all in soon!
But until then...
Let's all adopt a gluten free blogger! This is a great monthly event started by Sea at Book Of Yum. It's a wonderful way for us all to test out each other's recipes and show off our recipe-following skills. In March, I made Stephanie's Rainy Day Tomato Soup, and last month, I was honored to be adopted by Aubree Cherie, who made my Hint O' Chocolate Banana Muffins. This month, not only am I adopting a gluten free blogger, I'm hosting the event! I want to adopt pretty much every blog I read, but I decided for this month to try some of Amy's recipes from Simply Sugar & Gluten Free. I've been following Amy's blog for almost a year now, and I realized I have yet to make any of her recipes. I just look at the pictures and think, "Ooohhh....yummy." Well, it's about time I tried out some of those deliciously healthy recipes, so I'll be back later this month with lots of pictures. Whose recipes have you been eyeing but haven't had time to make yet? Now's the time! To sign up for this month's edition of Adopt A Gluten Free Blogger, leave a comment below letting me know who you're planning on adopting. Here are the official guidelines:
Participation is simple.
1) Pick a gluten-free blogger whose recipes you admire and adopt them by commenting on this post with your name, blog name and their name and blog name.
*Blogger’s recipes must all be gluten-free or have a way to sort and read ONLY gluten-free recipes
*Please pick a different blogger every time you participate
2) Pick one (or two!) of your gluten-free blogger’s recipes to try.
3) Make the recipe, photograph it and write a post in your blog introducing the blogger and their recipe. Link back to this event announcement in your post.
*Follow the recipe as written, as closely as possible. And, please don’t print their recipe on your post- just provide your reader a link to their original recipe.
4) Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your photo of the recipe, the URL of your post, name of the recipe and the URL of the original blogger’s recipe post.
5) Post YOUR POST’s URL in a comment to this post, and if possible please try to visit two other blogger’s posts that are posted here (and comment!).
*The goal is to make this event more interactive and fun!
Sign up BEFORE May 28 (loose deadline; late sign-ups are ok)
Post your Review and Email me by June 5th (firm deadline, no foolin’)
If you don’t have a blog, you are still welcome to adopt a gluten-free blogger. Sign up to adopt a blogger, write a review of one of their recipes, including your name (or pen name), the recipe URL and recipe title. Then take a photo of the completed recipe (if you can) and EMAIL ME the review and photo. I'll post your reviews and photos as part of the roundup in June.
Adoption Sign-Up Sheet:
1) Amy from Simply Sugar & Gluten Free (adopted by me)
2) Karina from Gluten Free Goddess (adopted by Mary at Writer's Blog)
3) Aubree Cherie from Living Free (adopted by Alea of Gluten-Free Flavor Full)
4) Lisa from Raw on $10 a Day (adopted by Selene of Veganlicious)
5) Stephanie from Hope For Healing (adopted by Saxifrage at Sweet Sensitivity)
6) Alta from Tasty Eats At Home (adopted by Linda of The Gluten-Free Homemaker)
7) Kim from Affairs of Living (adopted by Valerie at City|Life|Eats)
8) Me :) (adopted by Thomas of The GFCF Experience)
9) Nancy from The Sensitive Pantry (adopted by Heather at Celiac Family)
10) Melanie from Gluten Free Krums (adopted by Shirley of Gluten Free Easily)
11) Kim from Cook It Allergy Free (adopted by Tinsley of Celiebo)
12) Alexa from Lexie's Kitchen (adopted by Maggie of She Let Them Eat Cake)
If you sign up and cannot complete this event by June 5th for any reason, please email me at email@example.com and let me know.
Can’t find a blogger to adopt or looking to meet some new gluten-free friends?
Check out my sidebar or visit Sea's Gluten-Free Blogroll
Example of an Adoption Post from Book of Yum