I'm going to a friend's house for brunch, and I'm excitedly bringing my first gluten-free cheesecake. (Don't worry, I remember my promise to you all...one piece only!) This is also the first recipe I'm posting on here, but my plan is for every recipe to be gluten-free unless specified otherwise. And for those of you who are wondering how this fits into my eating plan...it doesn't really. When I have a treat like this, I count it as a splurge and just try not to do it too often.
Raspberry Lime Cheesecake (adapted from my grandma's amazing key lime cheesecake)
- 1 1/4 cups gluten-free gingersnap crumbs (I used Trader Joe's but I think this would work equally well with any type of gluten-free cookie)
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs. sugar
- 5 Tbs. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 lbs. light cream cheese (as with everything, be sure the brand you're getting is gluten-free)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbs. lime zest
- 1/2 cup low fat sour cream (again, double check about gluten)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbs. raspberry sauce (reserve the rest for later)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- 1 Tbs. freshly squeezed orange juice
For the filling, beat the cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Add eggs, one at at time and continue to beat. Blend in lime juice and zest.
Pour filling into pan. Set on the middle oven rack and bake for 40 minutes (edges should start to brown; the middle will still be slightly unset).
While the cake is baking, puree the raspberries, 2 Tbs. sugar, and orange juice in a food processor or blender until smooth. Reserve 1 Tbs. and put the rest in the fridge for later. For the topping, whisk together the sour cream, 1/3 cup sugar and 1 Tbs. raspberry sauce. Once the cheesecake is done, remove it from the oven and spoon the topping over it, smoothing it evenly over the cheesecake. Return to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes. Cool to room temperature and then refrigerate at least 4 hours. Drizzle with the raspberry sauce before serving.
This post is linked to Friday Foodie Fix and Seasonal Sundays.